Tuesday, February 7, 2012

On Her Way

When I started feeling even more uncomfortable than usual on Thursday afternoon, I didn't want to get my hopes up that it was early stages of labor. Happily, it was. I started panicking as everything I wanted to get done last minute coursed through my brain. Tender mercies in timing made it so that other people took off with my kids for a couple of hours so that I could get some of those things done. One of the minor things was that I had very few pictures of myself pregnant with this kid, and she was going to notice that I had nine month pregnant pictures of the first two and not her. So, when Jake got home, that was one of the first things I had him do in between contractions. Plastered on smile:
I mentally told Paige a couple days earlier that she was coming on Thursday. I didn't tell Jake because it sounded crazy town, but I felt very strongly that she and I had made a deal and that she would make her grand entrance on Thursday so that we could avoid surgery and get her out before she got any bigger. Way to go, kid!
Birth story on its way.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

JOY! I can't wait! Congrats! We will come visit the little bundle and her family soon!

PixieGirl said...

Who looks that cute pregnant? And for that matter who looks that cute in labor?

Shanna said...

You look so darling! Although I can only imagine how uncomfortable you were, even before labor! Carrying around a 10 lb baby isn't easy on the back. My guy was 9 lb 4 oz, and I felt like my back would be permanently misshapen. I'm impressed you cared to take a picture whilst in labor. That's right, I said whilst :)