Monday, October 10, 2011

Beauty Parlor

When Dad took off with friends for dinner before the priesthood session of general conference, the kids and I had friends over for dinner and beauty parlor time. I knew Tessa would LOVE to do something like this, so we made the plan a few days before to have the girls get their hair and nails done by the moms and to dress up.
Here are the final photos:
I put pink lip gloss on the girls, and they acted as though it was liquid gold :) Nice shoulder action, Tess.
Interesting eyes only pose, but we'll take it!

I had such a great time pampering Tessa because I could tell she felt like a million girly bucks.

They make me laugh.
He probably wondered what in the world we were doing:
And Cole got red racing stripes on a few of his nails. He was not about to be left out. When we were taking pictures, he was pretty upset that he didn't have a dress up outfit... until he got a hold of the swords and attacked us with them.
The happiness that comes from bludgeoning your mom:

3 comments:

Jen said...

great idea! looks like so much fun and I love the swords - way to get in on the action ;)

djensen said...

How fun! They are all growing up so fast! I can relate to the swords, I don't know what it is about little boys...but they love to hit things!

Lori said...

Tessa's poses crack me up. Reminds me of Madonna's Vogue song. So ready for the Pageant! The swords are great, Cole was having a great time apparently, so cute.