Friday, October 7, 2011

Baby #3 Ultrasound Pics

We've had issues with our scanner making nice with the computer, soI finally had Jake get it figured out enough for me to get these up.
She is a wiggly girl.
Here you can see a forearm and hand:
We've got a brief head/body shot:
Next is the twist around into a high five:
And then the left leg with the other leg folded under to show the right foot:
Jake took a long lunch so he could join us for the ultrasound. Cole didn't have a clue as to what was going on, so he was happy to wander around the office. Tessa knew what we were up for (thanks internet for the example pictures!) and was as supportive as a four year old could possibly be. She was fascinated by the screen. She kept telling me, "Good job, Mom." Thanks. Working on hard lying on this here table. And then I'd get a loud whispered, "Mom! Mom! I love you." My favorite --"Mom!" and then when I looked over, she had two thumbs up next to her huge grin.
We had a fantastic explanation as to what we were seeing. Everything looked good and healthy, and then we were informed we had a little girl coming our way and we could take that info to the bank. Tessa let loose an "I knew it! I knew it!"
Smiles all around, especially because I like having some shred of knowing what to expect. Hooray!
On the way out of the hospital, Jake had Cole, and I had Tessa by the hand. Jake said, "Tessa, you're going to have a little sister. You will have to teach her how to dance and be a princess."
She responded with, "Yeah! And math."
I gave myself a silent and proud pat on the back for having a child who can enjoy and also defy the normal stereotypes by providing another facet to being a girl. "Yes, Tessa. AND math."
She then looked up at me and asked, "Mom? What's math?"
We burst out laughing.
Then we headed to Chili's for lunch.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

I love that Tessa is so excited and that she gets a sister! We are so happy that everything is healthy and can't wait to meet the little peanut in April! Love the math story. I laughed too, but you know it is sweet that Tessa is just excited to teach her anything. She is filling that roll of big sis. and I love it! Sweet Cole will be the cutest big bro.

Ashley Farrell said...

Yay girl! Good job Maren! ;)

Krista said...

Great news! Love the big sisters!

Charity Z said...

You guys are such an awesome family! Looking forward to meeting baby #3 in a few more months!

Lori said...

Ohhh, I'm so excited! I love the ultrasound pictures. Tessa was being so cute, she will be be such an awesome big sister. It's going to be fun to see how Cole reacts to being the big brother and not the baby anymore. He is so sweet. New baby girl is going to get lots of kisses!

Jen said...

oh that is so cute -- love that girl of yours ;)