Friday, February 4, 2011

When Dad Came

My dad decided it was high time to come and see us, so he took a few days off and came to hang out. We really took it easy, and the kids loved having Grandpa around. There was a dual motive in coming to see us, though, and that would be the wild hogs. Yes. Nasty feral hogs. Dad and Jake were scheduled to go hunting these R.O.U.S.es on a Saturday night --with all kinds of night op. gear, so of course Jake was on board.
I had already told Tessa that when Dad and Grandpa went hunting, we were going to have a movie party where we would rent and watch Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeaqual (how in heaven's name would you spell that?! No matter. I refuse to Google it.) She looked forward to this movie night for a couple of weeks, and I'm happy to report that it was everything she dreamed it would be.
We had a chili quesadilla picnic and enjoyed a movie --complete with dancing at the end. However, I still can't get over the confusion of why the chipmunks would have to go to highschool.
And, this is what Dad and Jake were up to....
It was everything Dad dreamed it would be. Oh, the happiness. Blech. I'm really glad he enjoyed it as much as he did, but, honestly, those things are creepy. I'm not sad we didn't end up with the meat. I've seen their faces.
On to the boots! Here is Tessa sporting a Tinkerbell nightgown and some fabulous Grandpa boots:
Now Cole....complete with a hat from Bass Pro Shop that Gramps got for him.
My lovies:

Grandpa with the kids:
We had a nice visit and were really happy that Dad took time out of his schedule to be with us.
...Also that he pretended to like the terrible new recipe I decided to try while he was here.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I think you should devote another to section to the pig hunt, the one picture didn't do it for me. John