Monday, February 7, 2011

Unexpected Holiday

North Texas shut down for four days because of snow and ice. It never got above freezing, so the ice on the roads was simply too dangerous. Jake suddenly was on holiday with us.
Not leaving the house gets pretty old quick, though.
On the second day, we slowly ventured to the mall. We put the kids in the double stroller and held on, ice skating to the entrance. During our lunch, the power went out because of the rolling black outs the power companies were having to perform. Three fourths of the mall was closed down, which just felt odd.
So, after some play time in the kids' area, it was back home to our fireplace, projects, and movies!
It was ice for the first couple of days, but then some serious snow hit on Thursday. I sent the kids out with their dad to enjoy it. I stayed in and then leaned out now and then to take pictures. Because I've had enough snow in my life. I'm good.
Cole didn't last long once he took a glove off. I feel your pain, Dude. He came in and chowed down on chocolate Goldfish with me.
Yep, those are Walmart bags over my kids' shoes. There isn't much of a point in buying snow boots here when it doesn't even snow every year, and it lasts two days.
Tessa Lee loved making several snow angels, paths through the yard, snowballs, and helped Dad make a snowman. Apparently the snow wasn't cooperating in the packing process, so they kept it small. We'll name the snow midgee Terrence.
I actually felt like I had time to decompress because of the snow/ice week and all of the cancellations that went with it. Now I'm ready to press forward again.
Oh, and did you notice and let loose your best construction worker whistle? She's a beauty, right? We are the proud owners of a fence that stands straight up. That's right. It has ALL of its boards and none of them are rotting. Woooooweeeeee.

4 comments:

PixieGirl said...

That might just possibly be the cutest snowman EVER!

Jennie Gee said...

I did notice the fence in that first picture. Check that one off the never ending list! Yeah!

Shanna said...

I'm so jealous that you got to hang! With your whole family on a weekday! Who does that?! I love the snowman. And the walmart boots? Priceless. Love ya girl!

Maranda said...

Wow, you guys got quite a bit of snow! More than we even got here in St. George!