Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving

I told myself I was actually going to take a picture of Thanksgiving this year --and I did it!
....And I realize looking at it that I really need to get some window treatments and something up on that wall. Beside the point? --isn't that usually the case with me?
I love getting out the fancy dishes, but mostly I love great company on a great holiday. We had all the traditional foods (after Turkey took a swim in our bathtub to defrost --I wasn't going to pay 99 cents a pound for a fresh turkey when I could pay 29 cents for a frozen one...two days before.) And, I'll tell you what I was most excited about. I made a double chocolate cheesecake. Oh my goodness. It was heaven. It's probably the most expensive dessert I have ever made, considering I had to go out and buy a new pan to make it (springform is new to me), but it was so worth it. It was the gift that kept on giving for four days.

2 comments:

Talbot Family said...

You had me at double chocolate cheesecake. Glad you got to dust off the fancy dishes and do some entertaining.

Kelly said...

So fun to see pictures!!SO So So wish we could have been there too join in the fun!