Monday, December 13, 2010

Making the most of it.

Jake had his work Christmas party on Thursday. They held it
at the Dallas Petroleum Club. Ooooooh, fancy!
I made Jake take a phone picture of me by the carolers in the downstairs lobby, while the night janitors wondered what in the world the crazy lady was doing --especially since I look shocked instead of like I'm singing.

We had a lovely time. It's amazing what one year can do in making you feel comfortable. Jake works with mostly really nice people.

Right as we left the party (name tag still on), I also made him take a picture of me in the lobby outside of the party. There were Christmas business parties going on all over the floor. It's a lovely place. I wanted to document it, since I don't get to eat a variety of cheeses or as many mini tarts as I want every day. Forget the dinner, bring on the tarts!
I don't know why Jake didn't send the picture I forced him to let me take of him. Am I the only one with the need to show off getting to eat cheese on the 39th floor at the posh oil and gas club once a year?
Probably.

1 comment:

PixieGirl said...

Cheeses and tarts are most refined...glad you enjoyed it dahling