Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Scare on the Square

First, our illustrious pumpkin:
Tessa was so excited to carve the pumpkin with her dad. She picked out the patterns and kept saying, "This is so fun!" And then the carving began. Carving a pumpkin isn't exactly a kid friendly activity. She kept asking if she could cut the pumpkin, and the answer was always, "No." I finally heard her say, "This is NOT so fun."
But when the thing was lit up, she got excited again.
Okay, on to McKinney's Scare on the Square. Friday night. Very busy. Candy given out at all the shops. With friends.
Here is my cowboy and princess (Belle):
I love Halloween! Because of her box of dress ups, Tessa was able to be a superhero at a "festibal" the day before and Belle on this day before even breaking out her official Halloween costume for Trunk or Treat.
Snoopy and Belle:
Cole with a DumDum sucker.
"Pardon me, Ma'am."
You can't tell from the pictures how crowded the place was. We spent quite a bit of time in line waiting for a piece of candy. Then I learned that if we mommas stepped out into the street and walked along with the littler ones and let our girls Oliver Twist their way to the candy, that the process would move much faster and prove more fruitful. And it did.
Tessa was so excited about every piece.
Storm Trooper and Jawa! Picture for Dad. Again, I don't know if there was a line. I just sent the girls to sidle up next to those other kids to get their picture taken.
It was a lovely and crazy time.

3 comments:

djensen said...

Great pumpkin!

Jen said...

ooh I love the pumpkin! I need to work on my skills - I tried helping my nephew carve a snake and just ended up cutting the pumpkin in two pieces ;) great costumes -- halloween is so fun with mini people

Angie said...

Thanks for coming with us. We had tons of fun.