Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Here's to you, Mr. Dickens.

Hope you had a happy Halloween, friends!

From: Ebeneezer Scrooge and the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Christmas Present, and Christmases Yet to Come.

After sewing and putting costume pieces together, one hour of Trunk or Treat in the dark just wasn't fair. We snapped some more pictures at home so I could feel justified in time spent.

"God bless us, everyone!"

The Christmas Ghosts.
Boo.
She is showing him that he wasn't always a horrible miser...I tried to get Cole to point, but it wasn't happening. (By the way, if anyone wants a hooded black gown, size 18 mos. for next year, say, for a grim reaper or death eater costume, just let me know. What?! I'm the only one insane enough to dress my baby in one of these? Bah! Humbug!)
Us.
"Come here and know me better, man!"
I'm so glad Jake embraces the fun that is dressing up.
More of the kids:


Seriously. Shape up, Scrooge. Or else.

12 comments:

Jennie Gee said...

Your costumes turned out great! Way to go!

Angie said...

Love your costumes. You guys looked great.

djensen said...

You always have such creative ideas! I can only aspire to be so great!

Kelley Rae said...

What a great idea - and I love the grey in jake's hair. You guys always seem to have so much fun!

PixieGirl said...

By far the cutest Halloween idea ever!!! I wish you were my mom!

Jen said...

wow -- you are amazing! Those are great costumes and you are look perfect for your parts! Good job friend

The Egans said...

You are so darn creative! Love the costumes!

Talbot Family said...

Your creativity has never failed you yet! I love it, absolutely love it. Every detail was there. Nice job my friend, nice job.

Lori said...

Awesome Halloween coverage! Great pictures and I always love your wit in your writing. I love the pictures of Jake (Scrooge) and the kids showing him the past and future (it looks like Cole is pointing). He is such a natural actor, of course he embraces dressing up :) I'm so happy that Tessa and Cole got to enjoy the full Halloween experience, since it is the favorite holiday!

Emily said...

What a cute idea! I wish my man was up to dressing up for Halloween. Lucky! The kids are growing up fast and have such beautiful eyes!

Jan said...

I didn't notice the white hair/sideburns on Jake before...very clever! You guys look great!

Maranda said...

Great costumes Maren! You are so creative!