Sunday, August 5, 2012

On the road again

Utah Trip 2012: Conclusion
And we pretty much felt like this:
Coming back from Preston, Idaho, we stopped in Logan so I could buy some sunglasses at Ross and lunch at Arctic Circle. Then, we headed to my dad's front porch to grab a baby bottle we'd left behind. Then, Jake circled the block downtown so I could get out and see the new City Creek shopping center in Salt Lake City. Very pretty. We stopped at Jake's Grandpa McCune's house to see him and Bev. Then, we quickly paused at Kelly's house in Utah County to pick up Cole's shoes we'd left there.
Almost three hours later we stopped in Cedar City off the freeway so I could show the kids where I spent three years of my life (one day there will be time to show them the place I lived for the fourth year and, most importantly, the university). I'd like to spend more time there someday so I can see all the new buildings on the SUU campus!
Here is the illustrious Stadium Way #35:
It's got some weird grated metal stairway stuff there now instead of the simple cement porch and steps that were there when I was. Memorieeeees, from the corner of my miiiiiind.
We, last of all, stopped in St. George to get a Jimmy John's sandwich before getting to Las Vegas. We got there two hours before our flight, so we felt a little rushed, but it all turned out just fine, minus the fact that we were already exhausted waiting for our midnight flight.
We got home Sunday morning at about 7am our time, and went to bed.
Like I mentioned before, we won't be traveling like that again if we can help it.
Thank you all for a lovely trip. We're excited for the next time we get to see you!

No comments: