Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Fabulous Friends

Utah Trip 2012
Last year, because of all that was going on, we didn't get the usual visit to see good friends in Salt Lake. There's never enough time. However, this year we made sure to set aside our Monday to visit with our buddies. Jake made it to this year's annual old roommate golf tournament, so that meant the kids accompanied me on my visit.
Krista was so kind to rearrange her schedule for me so that I could take over her day! She's always been a very generous person/friend, and she bent over backward to accommodate us. I'm grateful. Bonnie, Bethany, and Katie were able to join us there for lunch. The kids played in the sprinklers in the backyard while we visited (well, they were supposed to, but my kids got a little high maintenance, so I kept tossing M&Ms their direction to keep them quiet. Don't judge.) These are such wonderful ladies. I have known these women since I was a little girl. It's amazing to see them as moms. They are so good. I look up to each them as great examples in so many ways. I was really sad that everyone couldn't make it, but that's just the way it goes when time is specifically that limited.
So, with that said, I hadn't seen them in two years. Their kids are growing like weeds. I brought my camera AND IT SAT IN THE BAG NEXT TO ME THE WHOLE TIME! When will I learn???
Oh well. I was grateful for a really nice afternoon. I still felt so out of it, so I left worried that I was the least pleasant company ever. Oh well again. 
We left to meet up with Jake, his pals, and their families for dinner. The Crockets were so nice to make us a pizza dinner. We snarfed it up and chatted away. Then the best cookies ever came out, and I snarfed on those too. 
Jake is much better about picture taker than I am. He pulls out the phone in mostly appropriate moments to snag photos. He got this ONE of the day of Crocket wearing the green golf tourney jacket. Yes, it says "FAGS CHAMP".  I think it's supposed to stand for  Friends' Annual Golf Something or other... social? soiree? No clue. I just think they giggle when they announce the FAGS winner. I think they've been passing this jacket for at least five years. They finally took the thrift store price tag off this year. 


No comments: