Monday, June 4, 2012

Nursery Decor

I don't decorate our babies' rooms elaborately. It's not that I don't love all the fun stuff out there; it's that nursery decor gets pushed way down the list on our budget and it just isn't important enough to me to get all worked up about. With that said, it's nice to have some stuff up to try to pull a room together, even as loosely as I do. And if I can hand craft it cheaply, well, there you go! 
Grandma M. made Paige a lovely quilt, as she does all the grandbabies. She gave me some of the leftover material. The first day I took a glance at Pinterest, I saw a flower picture project using fabric. I could do something like that. So I did.
I grabbed some extra fabric, cut out some petal shapes, painted a canvas brown, and then hooray for Mod Podge! 
 In a Crafty Chat and Chocolate activity we had for Relief Society, I chose to  make the Butterfly Mobile.  I have this "floating" above the crib by fishline.
 There is another little craft I have in mind that I will get to eventually. A framed papercraft thing. Until then, it's nice to have a couple of decorations to tie in with Paige's bedding. And even if it's not what we'd call fabulous, all that matters is that Paige likes it (and I feel like I put forth some kind of effort for her).

She looks happy to me!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Look at you - I'll just call you Martha from now on. I love the colors. And, that beautiful baby does look happy. Good job Mrn.

Lori said...

Beautiful craft work! Sweet happy little Paige has a pretty talented Mom!