Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Really?!?

I'm getting my grocery shopping list together and planning out my part of Thanksgiving. Yay! For fun! I'm getting a little daring with a certain recipe and I need to find candied ginger. I've never shopped for candied ginger before. I only need 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of it, so I wondered if I could find it in a bin/sell by the pound place instead of having to buy a bag somewhere. I googled Whole Foods. Why not? They got me with a side link to "twelve healthier seasonal favorites" with a couple beautiful pictures of salads. Yum! Well, when we click over to see the other "favorites", we get this in the mix:
It's called "Celebration Lentil Loaf", although exactly what would be celebratory about it is beyond me. The song "One of these things is not like the other..." is now in my head. I'm just curious to know exactly which favorite of yours will be replaced with this beauty this Thanksgiving and what your guests' reactions might be.

9 comments:

Nathan Mathews said...

Maren,

Sallee loves candied ginger and eats it all the time. I think she buys it at Trader Joe's, do you have those in Texas?

Nathan

djensen said...

Gross! I like lentils but that is a bit much!! Try Central Market for the ginger, they have a great bulk section :)

Lori said...

Yuck!

Maren said...

Thanks, Dianna! Central Market it is. Nate, I wish we had Trader Joe's.

Krista said...

We have decided (because of a lack of Grandmas) this year we are going to a buffet in Mesquite for Thanksgiving. If we love it, maybe next year we'll travel further south and spend Thanksgiving eating a Celebratory Lentil Loaf with good friends.

Shanna said...

That should only be served when intending to torture someone!

Jen said...

I know I shouldn't say this but I watched Jurassic Park the other day and you know the part when she is going through the rhino's droppings to see why he was sick? just sayin ;) you know I would totally try it and LOVE it if I was there ;)

The Egans said...

Maren, you crack me up! That's all I have to say. You should write a column or something...you're so full of funny!

Melissa said...

yuck.