I had the strangest streak of bad luck with crockpot the other day. After the kids and I got back from the library, I thought I'd be all on top of it and get dinner going in the trusty crockpot. As I was getting it out of the cupboard, the glass top fell from my hands and shattered into a bajillion pieces on the floor. I scrambled as quickly as I could to get it cleaned up before the T and H knew anything had happened. I figured I could order another cheap lid to fit online. I just used aluminum foil for the time being. Well, fast forward the day. Jake was home and I went to see if dinner was finished. I didn't even pause. I lifted up the foil and immediately seared my left thumb with steam. O.U.C.H. It's better now, but it actually blistered. Jake went to work being helpful and getting the rest of dinner taken care of while I ran cold water over the burn. He put the ceramic part of the crockpot in the sink after he pulled the food out. I pushed the tap to the other side of the sink...water got into the ceramic bowl, and cccrrrraaaccckkk. Good bye forever, crockpot. The temperatures didn't like each other. Blah. Ah well. At least dinner was good.
We don't usually have dessert unless someone else is over. However, we decided that in honor of the crockpot and my thumb that we should have mini s'mores. (Don't look for a logical connection.) We roasted mini marshmellows over a tea light with a fruit fondue fork. Then we took out the ever popular Teddy Grahams, put two chocolate chips on the roasted mallow, and VOILA!I went climbing that night for the ward youth activity and not only climbed for the first time, I also learned to belay. Fun. If I can keep trying to get over my stupid fear of heights, I'd like to climb more.