Saturday, March 31, 2012

My new weekly calendar

I love calendars. I always have. They give me the impression I'm more organized than I really am. I was one of those teenagers who carried around a day planner instead of a purse.
Anywhooo, my fabulous friend Melissa has a long window pane calendar in her home that I really like. Dry erase markers on the pane to keep it updated, and you're in daily organizational heaven. She opened an etsy shop featuring vinyl art, and when I saw that she had this window calendar, I knew it wanted to live at my house. We met up recently as Melissa and her family were weekending it in Dallas from Oklahoma so she could get it to me and we could high five.
I added the scrapbook paper, and I'll tell you why. There is a pesky phone jack plate right behind Tuesday. The pane belonged right here on the wall in the hub of the home. It's the weekly calendar after all, and it needed to be near the monthly calendar. So, I did my best to improvise. The wall is in need of a paint job, but if anything can improve it in the meantime, it's my distressed window calendar. Love it.

2 comments:

The Egans said...

So cute! I want a calendar like this! I love it Maren!

Melissa said...

Soooo cute! I love the papers in the window! It adds so much! Love you, love your family!