Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 5: Camber Sands and Rye

To the beach! This may be one of the most memorable days for Tessa because she loved playing in the sand and water so much at Camber Sands. It was a little cold, but such a great day.
As a side note, I think it was this morning when in the car driving, with Jake concentrating heavily on the road, Cole was trying to get his dad's attention. "Dad. Dad. Daddy? Daddy?" He was getting no response, so he tried, "Jake, Honey?" I burst out laughing. They really pay attention to us don't they?

Here's our meaningful we-love-each-other-even-on-the-beach shot Ash was gracious enough to take. :)This girl started quite the shell collection.
He just wanted to throw sand and rocks.
The lovely maiden with her lovely sandcastle.
Da boys.The town of Rye (one of the cities included in William the Conqueror's "census") c/o of Jake's phone camera:
The Mermaid Inn circa 1420:
Cobblestone streets made for some trip ups, but they're so quaint (the streets, not the trip ups).
Here's a Norman church we stopped to see on the way home. No locked doors. I just strolled on in where all their regular Sunday stuff was laid out.
I lose track, but it may have been this evening when Ashley took me to her equivalent of Walmart so I could buy some shoes for Tessa since hers were suddenly pinching her feet. We also were able to dine in with some Indian food, which I'd never had. I really liked it. As in, I'd like to have it again. We visited and relaxed with a movie before prepping for our upcoming road trip.

2 comments:

Krista said...

Absolutely amazing.

Jen said...

beautiful - what a great family adventure