Monday, September 12, 2011

And Away We Went


So, before I slam this blog with a barrage of photos, I thought I'd start with some overall info:
We went to England! How amazing is that?!?!
One of my closest friends moved to England last year with her family, and Jake and I said we'd do what we could do get there while they were residing in that country. Because, come on, a cool place to go, great people to visit --not something to miss out on. Several months ago we were talking about our timeline of life events, what we wanted to happen, the order of what we felt was important, etc., etc. and decided that if we were going to make this trip happen, it needed to be now. So we started pinching pennies and secured a flight.
Hurray for the fact that the trip was after the first trimester of pregnancy nausea! I'm shaped like a wine barrel in all the vacation photos, but I'll sure take that over wanting to puke all the time! In fact, I started to feel the baby now and then with the tickly brushstrokes in my tummy while we were in England with a couple of serious thumps tossed in.
About two weeks before we left, Jake and Tessa made a paper chain countdown with the Union Jack at the top. You could say we were pretty excited that the time had finally drawn near.
Today I narrowed the photos down to a little over 300, and I was getting pretty picky. We were gone 11 days and saw a ton. In planning, Ash and John wanted to know what we wanted to see while we were there --we gave them a list of about 5 things and beyond that, seriously, you could be in any town in England and find something historical and/or charming. So, they helped us pad the schedule with awesome places to go and see.
This was an a vacation nothing short of perfect (even with the few tired moments tossed in). Ashley and John opened their home, time, and energy to us, and we are forever grateful for the memories that ensued. More generous (and fun) people would be hard to find.

3 comments:

Krista said...

Yay! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Cheryl Winkel said...

How was driving on the opposite side of the road? I look forward to seeing pictures, also. Glad you had a good time and felt good to boot.

Shanna said...

That picture couldn't be more darling! I love that the comfort and closeness level is so obvious. I'm so glad you guys made it out there, and that you were over the yucks. I can't imagine sitting on a plane that long feeling sick the whole time. So good timing, you!