Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Cello

Before I even had a kid, I'd decided that if I had a daughter, I'd really like her to play the cello. I love that instrument. I've met a few teen girls in my life who rocked the cello, and I have admired them all. Now, I understand that Tessa may not take to it; she may want to play the maracas for all I know. And I'll support her fully in her choice. (I can't even play an instrument --do you like how I'm already pushing one on my kid?)
But a mom can dream, right?
Below is a music video from the Provo based band Book on Tape Worm. The cellist is the daughter of a good friend of mine. When she breaks out the bow for the end of the song..... I'm telling you --I love the cello.

2 comments:

Jen said...

my brother Nathan picked up the cello 6 months ago and he loves it -- i love the deep sound -- good choice!

djensen said...

Tessa has good examples to follow-great video/song! Good luck in your musical quest!