Sunday, March 13, 2011

Get Outta Town!

I reached a point this last month where I was buzzing on my overload setting. My friend Melissa was starring in a community theater play in Oklahoma and left an open invite to go see her perform. I wanted to, but wasn't sure if I could in good conscience leave everything behind for a couple days, but Jake assured me that I could and I should. He was right. What a relief to be able to step away for a bit-- to visit with wonderfully fun and good friends. It was just what I needed. I came back feeling better equipped to happily move forward. :
Meet Benson:
Benson Blue Eyes.
And this is Mr. Cole showing off his appetite for pizza. (Hooray! An appetite! Eat, Bubs, eat!)
We went to a family fun place for pizza and arcade games. The kids had so much fun and were buzzing in every direction.
Cole wanted nothing to do with me. He ran from game to game to push buttons and see the lights.


Tickets! I love arcades with tickets. I love seeing how much cheap junk you can get from the tickets.

The family on the floor.
I can't believe I was able to hold onto Cole or Tessa long enough to get a picture. :)
Jake and I went to see Melissa in her show that night while Matt stayed back with the kids while they slept. Aaaaaah. A date night. We had, as always, a fantastic and happily laid back time in Lawton. Thank you!

No comments: