Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Firestation

One day in September our playgroup went to a firestation for a tour. What a fun activity. I wouldn't want to be a firefighter, but I wouldn't mind kicking back at this station. They have some sweet lounge chairs and a big screen right next to a huge new kitchen.
The firefighters were awesome with the kids. We could tell they were used to a little older crowd. Tessa helped demonstrate the "Stop, drop, and roll" technique having no clue why she was lying on the ground next to the fireman, and she asked the deepest question of the day -- "Where is your dog?" Actually, I think her friend Casey had her beat when he asked how much their clothes cost. Three year olds cut right to the chase.
Besides a tour of the station, the kids got to explore the inside of the firetruck and another larger truck for on site distant emergencies.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Those are hilarious questions. My boys would have loved that visit. I have a real soft spot for firefighters, since three of them came to our house a year and a half ago in response to a 911 call I made about my toddler. Luckily everything turned out fine. I was so happy to have the help of those firefighters. We see them from time to time around the neighborhood and I always point them out to the kids.

Lori said...

Where is the dog? Great tour of the fire station, but I would have expected to see a Dalmation ;) Neat experience for the kids!