Saturday, July 21, 2012

Into the Canyon

Utah Trip 2012:
After resting in St. George, we trekked up to Jake's sister's house. In the middle of our 3 1/2 hour drive, we came into smoke. The wildfires in Utah this year have been excessive and scary. I have no idea where this particular fire was, but there was a LOT of smoke filling the sky as far as we could see. 
We arrived at Kelly's in time to organize our stuff and get ready to head up American Fork Canyon to have a dinner picnic. I love mountains. I love mountain air. Everyone kept commenting on how hot it was, but honestly, it didn't really phase us. The dry heat made our skin shrivel up, but made for cooler body temps.
Here's my cutest boy:
The big red canoe! Thanks Kelly and Nate's friend for letting us use it! 
Nathan, Ian, Tessa, and Jake:
 Kanon, Joseph, Cole, Jake:
 Grace and Tessa exploring in the mud:
 Jonathan's effervescent smile, Cole, Kel, Tess, Jake, Ian:
 And in this one you can see Kanon, Joseph, and Nathan:
 I sat in one spot on my keister the whole time. Whole time. I never went canoeing. When I'm really tired, I'm pretty much useless. I helped make the food and sat with Paige. I still enjoyed myself and was loving the view and company.
 Cole is giving the place two thumbs up:


No comments: