Thursday, December 15, 2011

My Mama

My mom came for a visit after Thanksgiving! We were so happy to get her for a few days to celebrate during the holiday season, and to have her here for Tessa's birthday. And because I'm awesome, the only picture I got of her while she was here is this one below that Jake took with his phone while Cole was getting his face painted. I tried to edit my children's eyes so they didn't glow demonically, but it made it even scarier. We'll keep the glow.We went to the Plano Dickens Festival one evening and had a great time with the music, Santa and Mrs. Claus visit, treats, a train ride, a short bell concert, a ghetto blow up slide in the dark, and a bit o' face painting. Tessa wanted a heart painted on her cheek, while Cole asked for a candy cane --and held still while getting it done.
The Clauses and the kids:
From Santa, Tessa made her Littlest Pet Shop wishes known, and Cole said he wanted Christmas, and I think maybe a cowboy. We had so much fun with my mom here and were zipping all over town together. Tessa loved having Grandma Lori here for her birthday and being able to hang out with her. Cole, likewise, kept her entertained and loved having her here. Baby girl did all kinds of jumping jacks in my belly for her to feel as an official introduction.
We were a little sniffly and stuffed up, like most everyone else, and immediately Mom entered the take care of us mode --especially Tessa who, I'm sure, woke her up at least once every night.

We were grateful Grandma could take the time to make her way our direction, especially at this time of year.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Grandmas are the best!

Krista said...

Were the heart and the candy cane what they got painted on their faces, or is that what they asked Santa for? Just how many times has Tessa watched "The Wizard of Oz?"

Maren said...

Krista, When I read over that part, I realized it was a little confusing but didn't care enough to clarify. Maybe I should. :)

Jen said...

yeah for visitors! and love the new wheels ;) loved your christmas card -- Look at your family growing