Tagged by Mrs. Allred-
It is called the honest scrap award and these are the rules...
A) First list 10 honest things about yourself--and make it interesting even if you have to dig deep. That "make it interesting" sure adds some stress. I used to HATE it when a school class would make you stand and say "something interesting" about yourself.
B) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of Honest Scrap...
1. I am terrified of team sports (I'm not counting dance). I think it's fun to watch and cheer on people I know, but that's where it ends. I can't aim, I throw like a girl, and most of all, I can't deal with the pressure of doing well for everyone else who CAN aim and throw. (This excludes the occasional playing sports with my family since they are completely aware that I suck and could care less.) I love all kinds of activities, but I've got to keep it where it's just me for me so I can focus on my own expectations and not worry about messing anyone else up or making them irritated. I think Young Women church sports gave me an ulcer back in the day.
2. I love words. Reading has always been enjoyable to me, minus some boring college assignments and instruction manuals. I love stories and the details that make the story. If you know me well at all, you know I can get a little, um, wordy. I give way too many useless details and have to try to remember whether I'm talking to someone who appreciates that or not. Because to me, the details make the story. Feel free to include them when chatting with me.
3. I tend to overanalyze people and situations. I think it's kind of fun to try to figure people out -their motivations, why they are the way they are and such. However, this can be a real downfall at times, since I don't really know what everyone's story is. I actually like being proved wrong (when it's a positive twist) about a person or situation. It reminds me how much I really don't have a clue.
4. I would like to get my Master's Degree one day. This will be after we pay for Jakey's monstrous schooling. I'm still leaning toward being Maren the Librarian. I'd like to get my master's in library science and one day step foot again into that crazy middle school world and be a librarian there.
5. I can be a social reject. I usually don't have a problem when it comes to outgoing people (if they talk to me), but if somebody gets shy with me, I shut down. I have the most difficult time. I have no idea what to say and immediately decide that the other person thinks I'm a total moron. I used to really struggle with looking people in the eye when I spoke to them. Now I find that I can look them in the eye if I know them really well or if I don't know them at all. But those in betweeners..... It's a good thing I married a man who has very few social fears. He forces me to push outside of my comfort zone, but also understands when I need to back away a bit.
6. Although I like a lot of movies, these are the movies I've watched numerous times and I don't get sick of them: Singin' In The Rain, The Wedding Singer, Hope Floats, Romeo and Juliet (Luhrmann's).
Also, there are only a few CDs I can listen to in their entirety at any given time. Some others had their time in the sun, but these have lasted in my haven't-gotten-sick-of-it pile: Counting Crows' August and Everything After, John Mayer's Continuum, Deanna Carter's Did I Shave My Legs For This?, Maroon 5's Songs About Jane. They aren't even all necessarily some of my favorite musicians, and maybe they're my picks for sentimental reasons...dunno.
7. Great smell = rain on warm cement. Terrible smell = rotten teeth breath
Great sound = the cello played well. Terrible sound = when people snort back snot in their throat to swallow it.
Great taste = fresh, ripe fruit. Terrible taste = any food where you pull a hair from your mouth and it isn't yours. (Mom's hairs are okay. And inevitable.)
Great view = water and trees. Terrible view = a man's hands with long fingernails
Great feeling = sunshine and a light breeze. Irritating feeling = someone you've never met rubbing your pregnant belly.
8. I don't do well with loud people. Never have.
9. It takes me a while to formulate my opinion on serious matters. I want to know what I'm talking about and why I believe the way I do on a subject before I take a stand on it. I also think that opinions, as strong as they can be, can also change over time along with your experiences, or they can just be strengthened. Depending on who I am with, and what the situation calls for, I will sit back and just listen to people express their strong opinions and decide it isn't my venue or desire to share, or I'll let it loose. Unless I'm really comfortable though, it's usually the former. However, if someone straight up asks me, I've got no problem sharing.
10. I love trying new things. I love adventures. I love learning from trying new things and having adventures.
I tag (only if you feel like it, of course): Andrea H., Melissa G., Lisa S., Wendels, My mama, and the two blogging Whicker women.